PA Forms for the Rules of Civil Procedure (includes book + digital download)
AUTHOR: HON. R. STANTON WETTICK, JR.
1 Volume, Soft-cover
Includes book + digital download (link provided at checkout)
Published: December, 2014 (Previous Editions: 1st: 2010)
Most recent supplement/update: N/A
Library of Congress Catalog Card Number: 2010903828
Announcing the Second Edition of an important Pennsylvania Forms and Rules book. Originally published by the Harrison Company, this respected and extremely popular treatise has been completely updated and revised for today's practitioner by the original, renowned author, Judge R. Stanton Wettick, Jr. If you are a former subscriber, you know how valuable this comprehensive resource was in your daily practice. New subscribers will welcome the author's practical tips, analyses, case citations, and forms carefully tailored to the Rules.
- The full text of the Pennsylvania Rules of Civil Procedure (excluding Rules 3001-3313 governing post-judgment proceedings);
- Meticulous forms prepared by Judge Wettick covering the types of cases and pleadings that a lawyer with a general civil practice will most encounter;
- More than 350 expertly drafted forms; exhaustive coverage of complaints, preliminary objections, answers, joinder of additional defendants, motions to amend, summary judgments/judgments on the pleadings, and petition and motion practice including opening default judgments, entry and opening of judgments of non pros, arbitration, entry and withdrawal of appearance, and certificates of merit.
- Extensive author's summaries of the law and insightful commentary and tips for the practitioner relating to many of the important rules.
- A PDF download is available at no additional cost.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hon. R. Stanton Wettick, Jr. served as a judge in the Common Pleas Court of Allegheny County for many years. He followed his distinguished tenure there as a Senior Judge assigned to the Commerce and Complex Litigation Center of the Civil Division. Previously, he was Administrative Judge of the Civil Division (2003-2008) and of the Family Division (1980-1990) of the Court. He is the former Chair and a current member emeritus of the Civil Procedural Rules Committee of the Pennsylvania Supreme Court. He also served as the Chair of the Supreme Court's Domestic Relations Committee, the Pennsylvania Juvenile Court Judges Commission, the Ad Hoc Medical Malpractice Committee to Chief Justice Ralph J. Cappy, and the Three-Judge Coordinating Court for Silicone Implant Litigation. For thirty years, he taught the Pennsylvania Practice Course at the University of Pittsburgh Law School and for over twenty-five years he has served as the Calendar Control Judge for Contested Civil Motions. In this capacity, he has had the opportunity to review thousands of pleadings and his form book borrows from the work product of the many attorneys who have practiced before Judge Wettick. Judge Wettick is a graduate of Amherst College and Yale Law School.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
|PREFACE (Click here to view)|
|CONDENSED TABLE OF CONTENTS|
|TABLE OF AUTHOR'S SUMMARIES OF THE LAW (Click here to view)|
|DETAILED TABLE OF CONTENTS (Click here to view)|
|400—441||Service of Original Process and Legal Papers Other than Original Process|
|1001—1164||Civil and Other Actions|
|1506—1536||Special Equitable Relief|
|1551—1574||Partition of Real Property|
|2001—2004||Prosecution of Actions by Real Parties in Interest|
|2026—2039||Actions By or Minors|
|2051—2064||Actions By or Against Incapacitated Persons|
|2126—2134||Actions By or Against Partnerships|
|2201—2207||Actions for Wrongful Death|
|2226—2232||Joinder of Parties|
|2251—2257||Joinder of Additional Defendants|
|2351—2355||Substitution of Successor|
|2952—2959||Confession of Judgment for Money|
INDEX OF JUDGE WETTICK'S DISCOVERY OPINIONS