Pennsylvania Zoning Law & Practice - 2 Volumes-CD-ROM Version
AUTHORS: ROBERT S. RYAN and JOHN E. RYAN
SUPPLEMENT AND CHAPTER AUTHOR: GEORGE ASIMOS
2 Volumes in Print, Loose-leaf
Published: 1970; Volume 1: 1992; Volume 2: 1981
Most recent supplement/update: 2023 supplement; released Feb. 2023.
2022 Revised Chapter 7; released 11/2022 (revised by George Asimos) $139.
2021 Revised Chap 6 and new Chap 13; released 11/2021 (revised by George Asimos)
2020 Revised Chap 5; released 11/2020 (revised by George Asimos)
2019 Revised Chap. 4; released 10/2019 (revised by George Asimos)
2018 Revised Chp. 3; released 11/2018 (revised by George Asimos)
ALSO AVAILABLE IN PRINT VERSION, SEE 1-887024-67-0
Attorneys, Planners, and Public Officials: For a practical, authoritative resource covering all Pennsylvania zoning issues, turn to Ryan—comprehensive, time-tested, up-to-date.
This comprehensive two-volume set has been the definitive Pennsylvania Zoning resource for almost 50 years. Expertly written by noted authorities Robert S. Ryan, Esq. and George Asimos, Esq., this title offers local government officials and solicitors detailed coverage of all issues related to zoning in Pennsylvania. It is essential for township officials as well as their attorneys to have an understanding of the important field of zoning law. There are extensive case references, with exhaustive analysis and discussion of the statutes, cases and their application to common issues arising on the local level.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- A Checklist detailing the steps to take and investigation needed at the outset of a zoning case
- Full text of the Municipalities Planning Code
- Validity of Zoning Ordinances
- Practice and Procedure—including review of zoning procedures, relation between zoning and nuisance, condemnation and other proceedings, procedures before the zoning officer and zoning hearing board, appeals to common pleas and appellate courts, and validity challenges
- Vested Rights
- Subdivision Regulations
- Planned Residential Developments
- Interpretation of Zoning Ordinances
- Federal Constraints on Land Use Planning
- Nonconforming Uses
- Special Exceptions”